Less than 5 days almost ready

Ok, less than 5 days until departure, purchased a ticket from Greyhound and will be departing on Friday to Nashville, TN. My host will be picking me up from the Greyhound Bus depot and take me and the bike in box to their house, then have dinner and assemble the bike.
Went for a 68 mile ride on the Silver Comet Trail on Saturday was a pretty good ride, except broke another spoke, the rim is shot. I'm going to take my wife's wheel off her bike and use it, we have the same bikes so hopefully that wheel will be better. I'm going to bring at least 6 extra spokes.
I have a few more things to do...buy more food, find a bike box, disassemble the bike and hopefully fit it in the box. Checked the weather again and now showing a low of 32 degrees on the third day of the trip. Ordered a 30 degree sleeping bag and will be here in another day, my 45 degree sleeping bag will not hold up. 
Loaded everything on the bike except my new sleeping and test rode for a few blocks. Very stable and handles so much better than touring with a set of rear panniers. So I have a few firsts on this bike adventure, first time ever taking a Greyhound bus and first time touring with front panniers

No comments:

Post a Comment